Sunday April 30th is a Fifth Sunday. Worship is at 9:00 am followed by lunch. This our Celebration of Music Sunday!
Come as you are! You are welcome here!
Walking the Way of Jesus. Walking the Way of Love.
Calvary Episcopal Church is an open and caring congregation demonstrating extravagant hospitality in worship and fellowship. All are welcome. Come as you are and experience the love of God. Wherever you are on your spiritual journey, Calvary Episcopal Church welcomes you.
The mission of the Calvary Episcopal Church Choir is to enhance the worship service through song and assist and support the message of the Church with music. The choir has a strong tradition in the history of the church and includes, a faithful group of singers. Singing a wide repertoire, from the early classics to the more contemporary sacred literature. The choir also presents a “Lessons and Carols of Advent” in December and a “Choir Sunday Music Service” in the spring. Sandy Cordes is the Director of Music. Our talented organist/pianist is Susan Prisendorf. The choir always welcomes new singers.
Welcome to Mary Polk N.E.W.S.
Mary Polk NEWS is the New Episcopal Women’s Service organization of Calvary Episcopal Church. Monthly meetings as announced; any woman of Calvary Episcopal Church is welcome to join us. See Linda Orscheln for more information about the Mary Polk N.E.W.S. group.
The Calvary Episcopal Church Vestry welcomes you! The Vestry is the group of Church members who are the leaders or officers of the church. The 2022 Vestry members are David Schlomer – Sr. Warden, Stephanie Hull – Jr. Warden, Shirley Bohlken – Vestry Clerk, Cherie Beltran – Treasurer, Anne Gardner, and Rose Shepherd – Chaplain.
Watch our Sunday services online
We share our Sunday services online on our Facebook page come and worship with us online.
We are located on the corner of E Broadway Boulevard and Ohio Avenue. From the Hwy 50/65 intersection, take Hwy 50 East until you come to the 3rd stoplight. There you will see our church building on your left, at the NE corner. Parking is off Ohio Avenue.
News from The Diocese of West Missouri
- Three-minute read. The Episcopal Church Joint Nominating Committee for the Election of the Presiding Bishop on May 15 issued the following letter to the church announcing the availability of the “Profile for the Election of the 28th Presiding Bishop” and inviting Episcopalians to submit the names of bishops for the committee to consider as nominees. The deadline is July 15. The post Nominating committee presents a profile for 28th presiding bishop, calls for names appeared first on New Spirit.
- Three-minute read. In this episode, we hear from two college students in Springfield, Missouri who talk about finding their way to the Episcopal Church and what lead them to make the decision to be confirmed in the church. The post All Things … Episcopal: Full Communion … it’s not just a meal, but a relationship appeared first on New Spirit.
- Two-minute read. The weekend of June 3-4, 2023, churches across The Diocese of West Missouri are invited to participate in “Wear Orange Day” in honor of victims and survivors of gun violence across our country. The post Wear orange for gun violence awareness appeared first on New Spirit.
- Four-minute read. Read about the connection between Episcopalians, hunting, fishing, and ministry. You are invited to join the inaugural meeting of the West Missouri Chapter of the Order of Naucratius on May 25 at Grace Carthage. The post The Order of Naucratius: hunting and fishing for the betterment of God’s Kingdom appeared first on New Spirit.
- Three-minute read. In this episode, we hear from two college students in Springfield, Missouri who talk about finding their way to the Episcopal Church and what lead them to make the decision to be confirmed in the church. The post All Things … Episcopal: Belonging, Believing, and Becoming the Church of the Future appeared first on New Spirit.