Join us Sunday May 29th for a shared worship service with our friends from Christ and Trinity Lutheran Church. All are welcome! Worship begins at 10:00 am and is followed by brunch. Come as you are and enjoy a morning of worship and fellowship.
Come as you are! You are welcome here!
Walking the Way of Jesus. Walking the Way of Love.
Calvary Episcopal Church is an open and caring congregation demonstrating extravagant hospitality in worship and fellowship. All are welcome. Come as you are and experience the love of God. Wherever you are on your spiritual journey, Calvary Episcopal Church welcomes you.
The mission of the Calvary Episcopal Church Choir is to enhance the worship service through song and assist and support the message of the Church with music. The choir has a strong tradition in the history of the church and includes, a faithful group of singers. Singing a wide repertoire, from the early classics to the more contemporary sacred literature. The choir also presents a “Lessons and Carols of Advent” in December and a “Choir Sunday Music Service” in the spring. Sandy Cordes is the Director of Music. Our talented organist/pianist is Susan Prisendorf. The choir always welcomes new singers.
Welcome to Mary Polk N.E.W.S.
Mary Polk NEWS is the New Episcopal Women’s Service organization of Calvary Episcopal Church. Monthly meetings as announced; any woman of Calvary Episcopal Church is welcome to join us. See Linda Orscheln for more information about the Mary Polk N.E.W.S. group.
The Calvary Episcopal Church Vestry welcomes you! The Vestry is the group of Church members who are the leaders or officers of the church. The 2022 Vestry members are David Schlomer – Sr. Warden, Stephanie Hull – Jr. Warden, Shirley Bohlken – Vestry Clerk, Cherie Beltran – Treasurer, Anne Gardner, and Rose Shepherd – Chaplain.
Watch our Sunday services online
We share our Sunday services online on our Facebook page come and worship with us online.
We are located on the corner of E Broadway Boulevard and Ohio Avenue. From the Hwy 50/65 intersection, take Hwy 50 East until you come to the 3rd stoplight. There you will see our church building on your left, at the NE corner. Parking is off Ohio Avenue.
News from The Diocese of West Missouri
- Bishop Bruce answers questions on The Episcopal Church’s position following last week’s leaked draft ruling in Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health OrganizationI am being asked, “what does The Episcopal Church have to say about what is happening at the Supreme Court?” … I want to let you know about our Church’s stand on this important, and I know, divisive, issue. The post Bishop Bruce answers questions on The Episcopal Church’s position following last week’s leaked draft ruling in Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health Organization appeared first on New Spirit.
- One-minute read. On May 22, 1889, a vote to split the Diocese of Missouri was passed at the diocese's 50th annual convention. This vote set in motion the creation of The Diocese of West Missouri. The post Collect for the 133rd anniversary of the vote to form The Diocese of West Missouri appeared first on New Spirit.
- One-minute read. The Episcopal Diocese of Idaho has received notification from Presiding Bishop and Primate Michael B. Curry that Bishop-elect Jos Tharakan has received the required majority of consents in the canonical consent process detailed in Canon III.11.3. The post Bishop-elect Jos Tharakan’s ordination receives consent appeared first on New Spirit.
- Three-minute read. On Saturday April 23, 2022, with Bishop Bruce as the celebrant, Fr. Steven was officially welcomed as the new rector of St. Paul's, Kansas City. The post The Rev. Steven King is officially welcomed as the new rector of St. Paul’s, Kansas City appeared first on New Spirit.
- Five-minute read. West Missouri's newest transitional Deacons, Krista and Collin tell us a little bit about themselves. The post Meet our new transitional deacons, Krista Heuett & Collin Larimore appeared first on New Spirit.