Join us for worship and hospitality every Sunday. Worship is at 9:00 am followed by hospitality and visiting. We can’t wait to welcome you! God loves you and so do we!
Come as you are! You are welcome here!
Walking the Way of Jesus. Walking the Way of Love.
Calvary Episcopal Church is an open and caring congregation demonstrating extravagant hospitality in worship and fellowship. All are welcome. Come as you are and experience the love of God. Wherever you are on your spiritual journey, Calvary Episcopal Church welcomes you.
The mission of the Calvary Episcopal Church Choir is to enhance the worship service through song and assist and support the message of the Church with music. The choir has a strong tradition in the history of the church and includes, a faithful group of singers. Singing a wide repertoire, from the early classics to the more contemporary sacred literature. The choir also presents a “Lessons and Carols of Advent” in December and a “Choir Sunday Music Service” in the spring. Sandy Cordes is the Director of Music. Our talented organist/pianist is Susan Prisendorf. The choir always welcomes new singers.
Welcome to Mary Polk N.E.W.S.
Mary Polk NEWS is the New Episcopal Women’s Service organization of Calvary Episcopal Church. Monthly meetings as announced; any woman of Calvary Episcopal Church is welcome to join us. See Linda Orscheln for more information about the Mary Polk N.E.W.S. group.
The Calvary Episcopal Church Vestry welcomes you! The Vestry is the group of Church members who are the leaders or officers of the church. The 2022 Vestry members are David Schlomer – Sr. Warden, Stephanie Hull – Jr. Warden, Shirley Bohlken – Vestry Clerk, Cherie Beltran – Treasurer, Anne Gardner, and Rose Shepherd – Chaplain.
Watch our Sunday services online
We share our Sunday services online on our Facebook page come and worship with us online.
We are located on the corner of E Broadway Boulevard and Ohio Avenue. From the Hwy 50/65 intersection, take Hwy 50 East until you come to the 3rd stoplight. There you will see our church building on your left, at the NE corner. Parking is off Ohio Avenue.
News from The Diocese of West Missouri
- It is time to begin the process of starting a UBE chapter here in our diocese. The need for a UBE chapter in West Missouri has been discussed by various people off and on, and Bishop Bruce has strongly urged that this become a reality. The post West Missouri chapter of the Union of Black Episcopalians (UBE) appeared first on New Spirit.
- Two Minute read. Photographs of the ordination of Rita Jo Carson Kendagor into the Sacred Order of Priests at St. Andrew’s Episcopal Church, Kansas City on Saturday, May 28, 2022. The post Ordination of Rita Kendagor to the Sacred Order of Priests appeared first on New Spirit.
- Pastoral Letter from Bishop Bruce on the recent shootings at Robb Elementary School in Uvalde, TexasHow long must we wait for an end to senseless gun violence against another beloved child of God? The post Pastoral Letter from Bishop Bruce on the recent shootings at Robb Elementary School in Uvalde, Texas appeared first on New Spirit.
- Two-minute read. A letter to The Episcopal Church from the Presiding Bishop and President of the House of Deputies outlines a revised, shorter, General Convention in the light of an upsurge in COVID-19 cases. The post Recommendations from the May 17 meeting of Presiding Officers’ General Convention Design Group appeared first on New Spirit.
- Two-minute read. Life at St. Anne's, Lee's Summit after they converted their office space to accommodate an Afghan Refugee family. The post St. Anne’s Afghan refugee family – Making a real difference, one family at a time appeared first on New Spirit.